Spent the day fishing on Fort Myers Beach? If so, odds are you caught some great fish! If you chose to keep some of your catch to cook dinner, we have some great recipes for local fish on this area of the site.
Here is a great recipe for fried redfish.
- 4 redfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Begin by seasoning the redfish with 1 tablespoon of the creole seasoning.
- Combine the flour with 2 teaspoons of the creole seasoning in a medium shallow bowl.
- Lightly beat the egg with the water and the remaining 1 teaspoon of the creole seasoning in another bowl.
- Dredge the fish, first in the seasoned flour, then the egg mixture, then again in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Panfry the fish for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Finally, drain the fried fish on paper towels and serve immediately.
Red Drum (Redfish) Fort Myers, FL Regulations
Minimum Size Limit: Not less than 18″ no more than 27″ total length
Daily Bag Limit: 2 fish per person per day; 8 fish vessel limit
1 fish per person per day; 8 fish vessel limit
- Bag limits apply in areas adjacent to fishing sites such as docks and parking lots
- 6 fish per person transport limit applies when traveling in a vehicle on land away from a fishing site.
- Must remain in whole condition until landed ashore
- Commercial harvest prohibited
If you have a great Redfish or local fish recipe, we would love to feature it! Please share it with us on our Facebook Page.